Flemington Primary School opened on 1st December 1858 as the Flemington National School , in premises owned by Mr Hugh Glass.
The first Head Teacher Mr Joshua Mason had an enrolment of 54 (an average attendance of 24 boys and 21 girls). Under the Common Schools Act, the school obtained the number 250 in 1863 and was vested in the Board of Education in 1868 on completion of a new building.
In 1921, authority was given for the construction of the current building which was officially opened in 1923 with the laying of a foundation stone by His Excellency the Rt Hon. the Earl of Stradbroke K.C.M.G. Governor of Victoria. The Head Teacher was Mr William H. Bulleid and the student enrolment was 551.
Flemington Primary School was established on the current site, formerly owned by Sir John Madden and part of the previous Travancore Estate.
The three storey red brick main building was constructed in 1922 and the official opening ceremony was performed by His Excellency, the Right Honourable Earl of Stradbroke, KCMG, Governor of Victoria on 23rd November 1923.
The Head Teacher was Mr Alfred Willoughby Williams ,there were 12 staff and 551 students in 9 classrooms.
Thank you to Ray Kinzel, past pupil for his extensive research on the histor of the school.