WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
If your child is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they continue to attend school, but you should monitor for symptoms.
Students who show symptoms of COVID-19 cannot attend school and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result. It is recommended rapid antigen test are used by students when symptomatic.
RATs are also required to be used for 5 days if a student is a close contact of a confirmed case and they are attending school.
Students who have recovered from COVID-19 do not need to participate in surveillance testing for 30 days after their isolation period has ended.
For information on symptoms visit: : https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks
For more information on how to get tested visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/taking-test-covid-19.
IF YOUR CHILD RETURNS A POSITIVE RESULT
• Quarantine your child for seven days
• Advise the school about the positive result
• Your child must stay home until their symptoms have disappeared and they are well
• Siblings are required to wear a face mask whilst in the classroom
REPORTING YOUR CHILD’S POSITIVE RESULT
If your child was at school when they were infectious you need to report the positive case through the Student COVID-19 Test Portal or you can notify the school via email Flemington.email@example.com or by phone 9376 7137.
You must also report your child’s positive test to the Department of Health via the COVID-19 Positive Rapid Antigen Test Self-Reporting Form or call our office 9376 7137 or email Flemington.firstname.lastname@example.org.
FURTHER INFORMATION IN OTHER LANGUAGES
• For school information in other languages, call 131 450.
• For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
• Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663 and they will help interpret.
• For health advice in languages other than English, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-informationabout-coronavirus-covid-19
FINANCIAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE AFFECTED BY COVID-19
For more information, visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/financial-and-other-support-coronavirus-covid-19
The Coronavirus hotline is: 1800 675 398
Amanda Williams - Principal